Governance and transparency
Tasplan is a successful and sustainable organisation committed to maintaining a culture of honesty and transparency.
Our Board of directors, executive team and staff adhere to the Tasplan Code of conduct. We have processes in place to actively manage non-compliance risks that are aligned to our strategic objectives and risk appetite. More information on the governance and operation of Tasplan can be found below.
Who manages Tasplan?
Our Board of directors and management team are committed to helping you achieve your best possible financial future, making sure you have all the information you need and providing you with the personal service you deserve.
- Board members - The activities of Tasplan are managed by our Trustee Board. Find out who’s on our Board.
- Executive team - Our executive leadership team manages the day-to-day operations of the fund and is responsible for executing Tasplan’s strategic plan. Find out more about our team.
- Service providers - We engage with key services providers to assist us in delivering our products and services. Find out who they are.
AIST’s Governance Code (Governance Code)
Tasplan has adopted the Governance Code as part of its governance practices. Tasplan meets all the Governance Code requirements, although partial compliance is noted in the following areas:
- For the 30 June 2018 reporting period, Tasplan has achieved diversity in gender balance for our Board of directors and executive team. A written diversity policy is being developed by 30 June 2019
- Tasplan’s Constitution also determines the voting practices of Board members, with resolutions passed by majority of votes of Board members present and entitled to vote at a meeting.
Insurance in Superannuation Voluntary Code of Practice (Insurance Code)
Tasplan intends to adopt the Insurance in Superannuation Voluntary Code of Practice (Insurance Code), which commences on 1 July 2018. The Insurance Code provides minimum requirements in relation to insurance within super funds.
Tasplan will be an early adopter of the Insurance Code and is targeting full implementation of Code-compliant default insurance arrangements by April 2019, well ahead of the 2021 deadline.
We’ll publish a transition plan to tasplan.com.au by the end of 2018 detailing how and when Tasplan will meet these requirements.