Most members have insurance cover and it will change, reduce or end on 1 July 2019.
These changes are a result of:
- recently passed Protecting your super laws
- Tasplan adopting the Insurance in Superannuation Voluntary Code of Practice and
- the appointment of our new insurer, MetLife.
You may not know it but insurance is important
It’s likely many Tasplan members, possibly like yourself, have insurance without realising it.
There are 13.5 million individuals with insurance inside super1 - if you have it, you're not alone. This provides Australians a basic level of protection and peace of mind. The problem is, only 40% of working Australians claim they have insurance, either inside or outside of super.
Review the Significant event notice sent to you
If you have insurance, you should have received a Significant event notice from Tasplan detailing changes to your insurance cover from 1 July 2019.
Take action now:
- check if you have insurance in your super by logging in to Tasplan Online now
- read your Significant event notice thoroughly
- consider how much insurance you need
- take action to ensure you have the cover you need.